Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I might end up somewhere in Mexicoooo...

For this blog entry, I was all excited to post a recipe.  Because I haven't posted one in eons.  My lack of posting is not because I'm not cookin'. Girl's gotta eat.  It's because everything I make is either too simple or doesn't taste good enough to post.

Tonight was an attempt at being the (half) Greek girl I am.  I wanted to make Dolmades! (Stuffed Grape Leaves).  

After hunting down a can of grape leaves, buying herbs like fresh mint, and calling my brother for advice, I was ready to go.  Unfortunately, this recipe posting will have to wait.  

What it should look like: 
What mine looked like:

Uhhh yeah.  I'm gonna have to take a rain check on posting that recipe.  Clearly rolling a grape leaf ain't as easy as it looks.  

Instead, I'm gonna tell you what's next.  And why my posts might be less frequent (but more awesome!) this week.  

I'M GOING TO CANCUN!!!!!!!!!

SPRING BREAK 2011!!!!!!!!

Ant'nee and I are taking a little vacation which includes a good friend from college's destination wedding on Saturday.  

It's gonna be a lot like this:

Or possibly not.  We're spending our first day / night in Tulum, Mexico, which is a smaller beach town with Mayan ruins.   Then we'll go to an all inclusive in Cancun where we can hang out with other Americans, pay American prices, and feel exactly like we never left the states!  

Jokin' aside, I'm really looking forward to sleeping in and sitting around the beautiful beach.  While I tend to like more out of the way and active vacations, I think drinking a Mojito on the beach is just what the doctor ordered for this Bunny and her hardworkin' dude.  

I'm sure this place has a fitness center so I'll be trying to build mileage as promised!  No idea if that will work or not!  I didn't set up any guest bloggers because I am lazy, but I will try to write you unless we get kidnapped.   If you don't see a blog entry for 10 days, contact your local congressman. 

And remember, in Cancun, you can be whoever you want to be and what happens there stays there (and on the blog).  For this week, I'm a 21 year old college cheerleader named Tina.   I'll letcha know how that all goes ;).  

To entertain you in the meantime, the lovely SkinnyRunner is back from her long time away!   I'm pumped - my morning reading is back!
If she isn't providing you with enough celeb goss., check out this US Weekly Subscription $30 deal l! 

Here's my weekly recap (more like 10 days).  
Saturday:  7.1 and 6.2 mile hilly relay legs at HTC, 1 mile "cooldown"
Sunday:  Completely Off
Monday:  4 miles easy
Tuesday:  11x200 at 41 seconds, 200m rest.  3 miles of warmup and cooldown
Wednesday:  15 mile bike ride
Thursday:  5 miles easy
Friday:  50 minutes on boring fitness equipment (elliptical!)
Saturday:  Attempted 5k race.  Failure.  ran about 9 miles total.
Sunday :  30 mile group bike ride.
Monday:  10 miles easy with friend in LA.

Total For 10 Days:  48 miles running, 45 miles biking.  Sort of a random mix.  Will return from Mexico with focus!

Hasta La Vista!  

17 comments:

  1. Running in Mexico in early Sept?? The weather might be a bit too hot for a SoCal girl :p:p:P

    Considering you are the girl who ran in socks (way people all the other ppl started barefoot running :D)I have no doubt that you will find a way to run in Mexico if you want to. But don't forget to focus on relaxing :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boo typo - i meant "way before all the other ppl" . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of your vacation! It is going to be amazing! I tried those grape leaf things for the first time last year and loved them! I would love to see your recipe after you master the rolling part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhhh JEALOUS!!! Love that place!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holla!! Have so much fun being 21 again. Jealous!

    BTW those are some awesome workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your grape leaves look quite nicely folded. But maybe that tells you what mine would look like in the unlikely event that I were to try this recipe....

    Have FUN in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun in Cancun!!! So jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous. Like really!
    Have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Cancun, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous! I wrote some brochures for a resort in Tulum a few months ago and I fell in love---that is honestly the next vacation I want to plan for me and hubby, since he loves archaeology as well. PLEASE blog about how awesome it is when you get back, with pics! HOORAY and have fun, TIna! HA!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh tulum. I've always wanted to visit there. I lived 4 hours west of cancun in a beautiful city called Merida for 2 years. Ruins by the sea- what could be better? Perhaps an all inclusive resort!

    Have a great time!

    Buen viaje!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grrrrrrl. Why don't you show up in my reader telling me you have new posts? I've missed like 8 of them. Please be my personal assistant and let me know when you have new stuff to read (or just tweet it). OK thanks.

    HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So funny... seeing your weekly workout recap... that Saturday with the failed 5K but that you ran about 9 miles... looks like you got lost on the 5K and ran all over the place trying to find yourself. Either that or you ran so slow that it took as long as it would have to run 9 ;-) Can I mess with you a little more? Or perhaps spill my water bottle on you?

    Have fun in Cancun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. have so much fun in cancun! and no worries about those grapeleaves...they are about 43243242 times better looking than any i could whip up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yup, i think jealous pretty much sums up how we all feel about ur vaca! haha...no, have an AWESOME time and can't wait to see/hear about it when u get back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMM grape leaves are one of my favs! I have a good/eaasy recipe, if you want it! If I can make them, you can make them (I'm not very domestic)...!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Lucy

    Lucy! I bet you'll never see this but I couldn't find a better way to contact you! Yes...I would LOVE that recipe. You can email me if you want :).
    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete