1) I moved. Back to Orange County! I love the OC. The good news is that my roommate is a lot of fun. Also, she has a big dog. Also, the place is probably the nicest place I've ever lived (that is not saying much but still). And the view is great.
Also, the pool is great. There goes my excuse for not doing a triathlon due to lack of water facilities!
2) Car: I got a new one one! Well ok I sort of got a new one. My mom has had two cars for a while (since my dad passed away) and I finally convinced her to let me ship out car #2 from Virginia. It's a 2002 but now I have automatic locks. And no one can take that piece of beautiful automation from me!
4) A Nephew: One more thing I'm lucky enough to have! My sister in law unexpectedly gave birth last week to a beautiful baby boy. I think this anecdotally says how I feel:
To me, most baby pictures look the same (sorry parents. Janae's baby is the one exception for me). It's just not that exciting to me. But when I saw the first picture of my nephew I thought, now that is ONE CUTE BABY. I love him already!
I can't wait to travel to New York to meet little Theo.
5) Google: I got to go to Google headquarters for work. This feels silly to mention but I mean...I've always wanted to go.
6) Online Dating: I'm on it as of this morning. I've been trying to convince myself to do this for a couple weeks but the main impetus was finding out that yesterday (while at Google) my ex is now dating his lady friend from our relationship and not trying to hide it at all. At first I didn't care and then I wanted to stab myself in the eye because I moved out THREE WEEKS AGO. But you know, I'll continue moving on I'm better off and all other things blah blah blah (insert cliche even though I still want to still stab myself in the eye).
The most hilarious email I got via online dating today was someone looking for me to hook them up with an ecommerce job. Imagine that conversation with HR if I tried to follow through:
"Where did you find this guy? LinkedIn?"
"Nah man, Match."
7) Running: I'm getting back into workouts. Sort of. I think I'm going to run a 10k on the 4th of July as a fun run with friends! Also, Mizuno sent me this beauty today: It's the Wave Sayonara! The Sayonara is a lightweight trainer with a slightly lower heel drop than a traditional shoe (10 mm).
It has a tall order to match up with the Wave Elixir that is being discontinued (and is my FAVORITE shoe ever). But I am excited to try it out and run fast in it. And it's hot, let's face it.
Well, at least The Most Ridiculous Stories Are Yet To Come. That, I can promise you.